Fire Safety Officer
Fire safety is the basic thing and the first thing to ensure and comply with customer rules in any garments industry. A dedicated specialist person on it can give a better result to garments industry. Nowadays, the garments industry has dedicated people to follow up on daily fire safety activities and equipment.
Job Responsibilities of Fire safety officer/ Manager
- Maintain general fire safety, detection & protection System as required according to customer and government rules.
- Must be well familiar to set up and following up firefighting equipment as per buyer and government requirements and Fire Prevention Act.
- Should have a vast knowledge of fire safety management, protection, accord & alliance requirements to ensure fire safety in the garments industry.
- Monitor and ensure that the facility of fire hydrant & fire pumps are adequate and are working properly.
- Daily walk round/ floor visit & ensure firefighting equipment and follow up the daily checklist activities of the firefighting team.
- Set an in-house strong firefighting and rescue team in all the departments.
- To ensure In-house fire training for Firefighters, Rescuers, new and old employees, and security personnel.
- Conduct monthly/ fortnightly Fire & Emergency evacuation drills as per the program to aware all workers & staff.
- Conduct firefighting training from Fire Service & Civil Defence authority at least once a year and get the certificate from them.
- Monitoring & auditing fire safety for all the subordinates of the department.
- Develop and update the security system to maintain a safe work environment in the factory.
- Ensure safety compliance with company policies and industry regulations.
- Arrange and conduct various security-related training for the development of Security.
- Maintain and keep updating different types of registers (Guard’s Duty Roster, Vehicle, Officer’s In/Out, Visitor, Key register, etc).
- Ensure traffic management and logistics during in and out time.
- Any other duties assigned by management from time to time.
- Must have skills & experience to lead a fire safety team efficiently.
- Should have a vast knowledge of fire safety management to ensure fire safety in the garments industry.
- Give monthly training to all employee on fire safety awareness.
Job qualification of Fire Safety Officer
- Minimum graduation in any discipline
- Experience: Minimum 2-4 Years in the same field of fire safety.
- Only male candidates are allowed to apply and work on this.
- Training/Trade Course: Fire Safety manager Course from FSCD (Mandatory)
- Must have adequate knowledge about ACCORD & ALLIANCE.
- Age: 28-35 Years preferable.
- Must have good leadership skills for a large number of workers.