QMS Executive/ Manager
QMS meaning is Quality Management system. A QMS department is responsible for the overall QMS requirements of the customer. A QMS responsible person is responsible for implementing the required system and procedure of QMS. In QMS department job, QMS officer, QMS Executive and QMS manager position is available, but the job responsibilities is almost same whatever the designation is. This article is about job responsibilities of QMS officer, executive or manager in Apparel industry.
Job Responsibilities of QMS Executive/ Manager
- Ensure all Quality policies, SOP, procedures, and work instructions are documented. Maintain all key area SOP and flow charts.
- Make PowerPoint presentations for monthly management quality review meetings & maintain employee training program according to the training calendar.
- Follow-up defect rate, DHU & prepare monthly DHU report, Top three (3) defects with a corrective action plan.
- Quality policy, plan, and department-wise goal follow-up
- Update quality documentation and communicate to carry forward lessons learned from quality concerns
- Ensure that all necessary systems and procedures are in place to satisfy all customer’s requirements and audits
- Train others of team in all aspects of the quality system and application of procedures.
- Carry out regular internal and process audits of the QMS and circulate report to management.
- Ensure corrective actions are undertaken to address non-conformities found. Verify closure of non-conformities.
- Hold quarterly or monthly audit performance meetings within the business. Manage the audit non-conformity database.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with the required Quality Management System (ISO 9001:2015)
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organization.
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility.
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Ensure KPIs are met by working to the overall plan, including management of, and reporting.
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any social issues like health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department
- Periodically conduct safety, quality, and compliance audits. Control and maintain the company audit and risk assessment schedule.
- Ensure all Quality policies, procedures, and work instructions are documented in a clear, simple, and concise manner in local language.
- Responsible for continuous up-gradation of QMS for better control and compliance.
- Audit following areas of garment manufacturing processes: Roaming QA audit, End line Audit, Day final Audit, etc.
- Compilation of all KPIs and reporting to the management team on the performance of the quality management system and any need for improvement.
- Setting and review of quality objectives and the review of the company’s quality policy in cooperation with the management team.
- Take the responsibility for assuring the lines are following technical specifications (AQLs: Acceptable Quality Level) and make sure that OQLs (Observed Quality Level) in the line are in line with quality practices.
- Highlight problems/ faults/ discrepancies in production and compare with customer approved sample .
- Following QMS standards take immediate corrective actions and solve problems.
- Prepare necessary documents as per buyer requirements and keep the reservation.
- Conduct an internal audit and make a root cause & corrective action plan.
- Excellent knowledge of overall quality assurance and control functions of delivery.
- Effectively interact with technical development and production team to maintain product quality.
- Assisting technicians with checking patterns and construction, identifying and resolving production impractical.
- Provide enough quality control seminars and coaching for company trainers.
- Ensure all quality and production issues by auditing and controlling.
- Production planning and machine maintenance also properly utilized MMR. To provide approval such as Printing, embroidery, wash, and as per customer requirements
Job Responsibilities of QMS Executive/ Manager in Apparel industry