Among all the sewing machine parts, a Needle is a part required for any type of sewing machine. The needle needs to change from the Sewing machine after 12 to 24 hours. Sometimes Needle accidentally breaks, so you need to change the needle from the sewing machine. Here I present how to Put and Replace needle in a sewing machine in 12 Steps to follow.
12 Steps to Put and Replace Needle in a Sewing Machine
To put and replace a needle in a sewing machine, follow these steps:
- Turn off the sewing machine and unplug it from the power source for safety.
- Locate the needle clamp or needle holder on the machine. It is usually at the top of the machine near the presser foot.
- Raise the presser foot lever to release the pressure on the needle.
- If there is a small screw securing the needle, loosen it with a screwdriver or use the built-in needle clamp release mechanism, depending on your machine model. Some machines may not have a screw, and you can skip this step.
- Remove the old needle by pulling it straight down and out of the needle clamp.
- Take the new needle and make sure it is the correct type and size for your project. Needles come in various sizes and types for different fabrics and sewing techniques.
- Insert the new needle into the needle clamp, ensuring that the flat side of the needle faces the back of the machine. Push it up as far as it will go.
- If there is a screw, tighten it to secure the needle in place. If there is no screw, make sure the needle is inserted properly and securely in the clamp.
- Lower the presser foot lever to apply pressure on the needle.
- Gently tug the needle to ensure it is properly seated and secure.
- Plug in the sewing machine and turn it on.
- Test the machine by sewing a few stitches on a scrap piece of fabric to make sure the needle is working correctly.
Remember to always consult your sewing machine’s brand manual for specific instructions, as different models may have slight variations in the needle replacement process. Thats all on How to Put and Replace Needle in Sewing Machine.
- You may love to read: Different Parts of a Needle
- Sewing Machine Maintenance Checklist and Technical Adjustments